ADVISORY COUNCIL ON ALZHEIMER'S RESEARCH, CARE, AND SERVICES
Friday, October 27, 2017
Printer Friendly Version in PDF Format (2 PDF pages)
2017 National Plan
Rohini Khillan, ASPE
- FINALLY Released September 1, 2017
- Updated Implementation Milestones
- Officially a NATIONAL Plan, with items from members of the Council and other national partners
- Recommendations from the Advisory Council and formal response from Federal agencies included in an appendix
- Over 100 new items
- 5 states provided new items or ongoing work: Georgia, Minnesota, Oregon, West Virginia, and New York
- 5 non-federal organizations have contributed items about their work over the past year, including partnerships conducted with the federal government.
- Would like to encourage more to contribute
- How do we open up the Plan to more organizations and people doing work around the country, without the Plan becoming too large and unwieldy?
- How do we better disseminate the Plan to a wider audience, and how do we make our successes and progress clearer?
- What's our elevator pitch?
October 27, 2017 -- Advisory Council Meeting #26
The meeting was held on Friday, October 27, 2017, in Washington, DC. The Advisory Council welcomed its new members and invited them to share their experiences and where they see the Council going over the length of their terms. The Advisory Council also spent some time discussing the process of developing recommendations and how those recommendations relate to the National Plan. The Council then spent much of the meeting discussing the National Research Summit on Care, Services, and Supports for Persons with Dementia and Their Caregivers, held on October 16-17. Material available from this meeting is listed below and at https://aspe.hhs.gov/advisory-council-alzheimers-research-care-and-services-meetings#Oct2017.
Comments and questions, or alerts to broken links, should be sent to email@example.com.
Public Comments -- [HTML Version]
Welcome through Overviews -- [Video]
Subcommittees and Fed Workgroups and Future Meeting Discussion -- [Video]
Care Summit Overview and Presentation of Recommendations -- [Video]
Discussion through lunch -- [Video]
Public Comments -- [Video]
Marie Schall Presentation and 2017 National Plan Discussion -- [Video]
Federal Workgroup Updates through adjourn -- [Video]