National Plan establishes six ambitious goals to both prevent future cases of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias (AD/ADRD), and to better meet the needs of the millions of American families currently facing this disease.
- Prevent and Effectively Treat AD/ADRD by 2025.
- Enhance Care Quality and Efficiency.
- Expand Supports for People with AD/ADRD and Their Families.
- Enhance Public Awareness and Engagement.
- Improve Data to Track Progress.
- (NEW) Accelerate Action to Promote Healthy Aging and Reduce Risk Factors for AD/ADRD.
May and June 2022 mark the 10th Anniversary of the National Plan to Address Alzheimer’s Disease, the federal strategy for reducing the burden of AD/ADRD by accelerating research towards treatments, improving care and support for people facing these conditions now, and reducing the risk of AD/ADRD by promoting brain health. Below are a list of pages celebrating how far federal agencies have come in these past 10 years, in addition to the original National Plan and the yearly updates.
NAPA and the Advisory Council invite the public to submit comments on the Advisory meetings, NAPA and its National Plans, or issues involving AD/ADRD. Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org which will be shared with the Advisory Council. NOTE: Emails considered threatening or offensive, or found to be spam, will not be included in the online Public Comments. Slight editing may be necessary when included, but email context will not be changed.
Comments and questions, or alerts to broken links, should be sent to email@example.com.
- HHS Anniversary Page – regularly updated with events and publications
- Federal Milestones and Achievements Timeline 2012 - 2022
- HHS Press Release
- NAPA at 10: A Decade of ADRD Research Progress – NIH Blog
- Dementia Research in 2022: A Decade Since the Launch of the National Plan to Address AD/ADRD Summit 2022 – NIH Blog
- Progress and Potential: ADRD Research – Biomarkers – NIH video
- Progress and Potential: ADRD Research – Caregiving – NIH video
- IHS Funding Provides Resources to Address AD – Press Release
National Plan 2022 Update
National Plan 2021 Update
- 2021 HTML
- 2021 PDF
- Press Release
- Secretary Xavier Becerra on MSNBC Clip
- IEA Stakeholder Briefing Recording