Monday, April 29, 2019
Printer Friendly Version in PDF Format (4 PDF pages)
Healthy Brain Initiative Road Map for Indian Country
|Indian Country Road Map, https://alz.org/publichealth/indiancountry.|
Series of Communication Materials
- Poster and flyers for clinics and health fairs
- Radio public service announcements
- Micro-videos for clinics
- Provider guide about heart and brain health
- Newspaper articles for the Indian Country Today Media Network
Horizontal and Vertical Posters
- Designed for clinics and health fairs
- Educates about Alzheimer's Disease and risk factors
- 8-page Provider Guide is designed to support healthcare providers guide conversations about the connections between brain health, including risk factors, and protective health behaviors.
Radio Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- Four radio PSAs featuring popular former host, Harlan McKasato.
- These PSAs will be featured on Native American Calling, the nation's only talk show dedicated to Native American views and perspectives.
- A Healthy Heart is A Healthy Mind http://www.astho.org/uploadedFiles/Programs/Prevention/Healthy_Aging/IA2-ASTHO_PSA_no1.mp3
- Older Minds Matter in Indian Country http://www.astho.org/uploadedFiles/Programs/Prevention/Healthy_Aging/IA2-ASTHO_PSA_no2.mp3
- Take action to care for your heart and mind http://www.astho.org/uploadedFiles/Programs/Prevention/Healthy_Aging/IA2-ASTHO_PSA_no3.mp3
- Talk with your doctor about aging and brain health http://www.astho.org/uploadedFiles/Programs/Prevention/Healthy_Aging/IA2-ASTHO_PSA_no4.mp3
Communicating in Indian Country: Healthy Brain, Healthy Heart
- These brief videos, featuring J. Neil Henderson, PhD are intended to be used by tribal serving hospitals and clinics, tribal senior program directors, tribal media outlets, administrators, and inter-tribal councils
- These videos are intended to educate and inform tribal elders and their caregivers, tribal senior program directors, state and tribal health leaders, and others about the relationship between heart and brain health.