Goal of the Summit
The goal of this research summit is to identify what we know and what we need to know in order to accelerate the development, evaluation, translation, implementation, and scaling up of comprehensive care, services, and supports for persons with dementia, families, and other caregivers. The summit is focused on research that is needed to improve quality of care and outcomes across care settings, including quality of life and the lived experience of persons with dementia and their caregivers.
- Cross-cutting themes:
- Diversity (SES, race, ethnicity, culture, language, literacy, geographic locations)
- Etiologies and Disease Stages
- Care Settings (home, community, assisted living, nursing home, and medical/health care settings)
- Training and Workforce Issues
- Differential Impact on Women
- Recommendations for research priorities to inform federal agencies, foundations, and other private sector organizations
- Identification of evidence-based programs, strategies, and approaches that can be used now to improve care and services
- Research milestones to track and guide acceleration and advancement of evidence-informed care and services
Comments and questions, or alerts to broken links, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.