Marketplace Open Enrollment Process by the Numbers
This infographic summarizes key enrollment-related information for the first month of the Health Insurance Marketplace initial open enrollment period, as cited in “Health Insurance Marketplace: November Enrollment Report,” ASPE Issue Brief, Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE), November 13, 2013, which can be accessed at /pdf-document/health-insurance-marketplace-november-enrollment-report.
- VISIT THE WEBSITE & CREATE ACCOUNT
- • 26,876,527 Americans have visited either the federal or a state based Marketplace website
• 3,158,436 Americans have placed calls to state or federal call centers.
• 846,184 completed applications were submitted, corresponding to a total of 1,509,883 Americans who have applied for coverage
• 259,107 additional paper applications are in-process and have not moved to eligibility determination yet
- ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION
- • 1,477,853 persons have been determined or assessed eligible for either a Marketplace plan or for Medicaid/CHIP
• 1,081,592 Americans were notified of their eligibility for a Marketplace plan
• 396,261 Americans were determined or assessed eligible for Medicaid/CHIP
- SHOP FOR A PLAN
• 975,407 Americans are eligible for a Marketplace plan but haven’t selected a plan yet
• 106,185 have selected a Marketplace plan
- For October 1 - November 2, 502,446 (396,261 + 106,185) Americans are positioned to have health coverage in 2014 through the Marketplace, Medicaid and CHIP