The Division of Public Health Services (PHS) is responsible for public health services programs and policies. PHS works with Departmental components, particularly those that fund the provision of direct care to vulnerable populations, including primary care, clinical preventive services, and related support services. These include the Health Resources and Services Administration, the Indian Health Service, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Relevant topic areas include:
- Delivery of preventive screenings and services, including women’s preventive services;
- Issues related to the organization and delivery of health care services, with a particular focus on safety net providers and institutions;
- Health workforce needs and shortages;
- Health care disparities;
- Adolescent, maternal, and child health
- The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program; and
- Issues related to the health and health care of American Indians and Alaska Natives.