A Technical Advisory Group (TAG) comprised of nine disparities and MCC experts from a several key HHS agencies provided advice and feedback on the project. A list of TAG members and their affiliations is contained in Appendix D. On December 18th, 2012, Abt and ASPE conducted an initial in-person meeting with the TAG, the last portion of which was devoted to discussing the white paper on disparities and MCC. The objectives were to:
- Outline an initial framework and approach to studying disparities in MCC populations.
- Discuss the findings from the preliminary literature and database review related to disparities and MCC, as well as the search strategy itself.
- Technology (ONC) Identify additional peer-reviewed articles and grey literature, and databases that were relevant for the project.
On August 14th, 2013, the TAG was reconvened by teleconference to review and provide edits and suggestions on the first draft of the paper. TAG input was incorporated into the final draft.
HHS Agencies Represented by the TAG
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services(CMS)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH)
- Office of Minority Health (OMH)
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information
- Technology (ONC)