Monday, February 3, 2003
Hubert H. Humphrey Build Room 505 A (Phone: 202/205-0029)
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Welcome and Introductions, Facilitator, J. Kauffman
Overview of the Project, DHHS, A. Rock
- Project Overview (Doc: Project Description)
- DHHS Purpose and Expectations of Study
- Roles and Responsibilities of Entities
- Charge to the Technical Work Group
- Tribal Consultation
Establishing Our TWG – Facilitator, J. Kauffman
- Review Agenda and Objectives for Meeting (Doc: Agenda)
- Agree on Our Ground Rules
Background: Legislative History & Literature Review, K. Langwell
- Review Drafts (Docs: Draft Legislative History Report; Draft Literature Review)
- Identify Gaps and New Resources
Seek Input from TWG on Methodology, K. Langwell
- Objectives of the Study (Doc: Draft Work Plan)
- Feasibility Study vs. Evaluation
- Setting the Study Parameters
- Identifying Data Sources
Continued Discussion on Feasibility Study Methodology
Tuesday, February 4, 2003,
Wilbur J. Cohen Building, Room 5051 “Snow Room” (Phone: 202/401-1523)
330 Independence Avenue, SW
Review agenda and objectives for the day, J. Kauffman
Seek Input and Advice from TWG on Major Study Areas: “What are the Study Questions Needed in each of the Following Areas?”, K. Langwell
(Doc: Draft List of Potential Evaluation Issues and Questions)
- Transitional and Management Issues
- Data Requirements and Information Systems
- Financing Issues
- Measures of Performance and Effectiveness
Continue Discussion of Major Study Areas
- Developing Study Questions
Site Selection: Overview and Discussion, K. Langwell
(Docs: Draft Tribal Matrix Report; Draft Tribal Data Report)
- What are the expected outcomes of Site Visits?
- What should criteria be for site selection?
- What information should be gathered?
- What should be included in site visit protocols?
Planning Small Group Discussions: Overview - J. Kauffman, (Doc: Draft Issues for Discussion Groups)
- What are the expected outcomes of Discussions?
- What questions should be asked?
- What are best locations/settings for discussions?
- What are best recruitment strategies?
Wednesday, February 5, 2003,
Hubert H. Humphrey Bld., Room 405 A, (Phone: 202/260-7048)
200 Independence Ave., S.W.
Review agenda and discuss objectives for the day, J. Kauffman
Review Next Steps
- Other issues to discuss?, J. Kauffman
- Implementation of Study, K. Langwell
Identify Objectives and Draft Agenda for Next TWG Meeting, J. Kauffman
- Ongoing communication between TWG and contractor (Doc: Draft Communications Strategy Report)
- Mail-out of drafts and other documents
- Second TWG Meeting
Review Consultation Plan, A. Rock
- DHHS/ASPE Consultation Plan with Tribes
- How Do You See Evaluation Consultation?
Closing Comments from TWG, J. Kauffman
"contents.pdf" (pdf, 44.34Kb)
"agenda.pdf" (pdf, 98.84Kb)
"description.pdf" (pdf, 86.04Kb)
"issues.pdf" (pdf, 199.58Kb)
"matrix.pdf" (pdf, 172.32Kb)
"demographics.pdf" (pdf, 77.97Kb)
"groups.pdf" (pdf, 82.94Kb)
"members.pdf" (pdf, 119.41Kb)