- Abraham, Katherine G., James R. Spletzer, and Jay C. Stuart
- 1998 Divergent trends in alternative wage series. Pp. 293-324 in Labor Statistics Measurement Issues, J. Haltiwanger, M. Manser, and R. Topel, eds. National Bureau of Economic Research Studies in Income and Wealth, Volume 60. University of Chicago Press.
- Baj, John, Sean Fahey, and Charles E. Trott
- 1992 Using unemployment insurance wage-record data for JTPA performance management. In Chapter 4 of Research Report 91-07. Chicago: National Commission for Employment Policy.
- Baj, John, Charles E. Trott, and David Stevens
- 1991 A Feasibility Study of the Use of Unemployment Insurance Wage-Record Data as an Evaluation Tool for JTPA: Report on Project Phase 1 Activities. Chicago: National Commission on Employment Policy, January.
- Bane, Mary Jo, and David T. Ellwood
- 1983 The Dynamics of Dependence: The Routes to Self-Sufficiency. Prepared for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation. Cambridge, MA: Urban Systems Research and Engineering, Inc.
- Blakemore, Arthur E., Paul L. Burgess, Stuart A. Low, and Robert D. St. Louis
- 1996 Employer tax evasion in the unemployment insurance program. Journal of Labor Economics 14(2):210-230.
- Bogen, Karen, Meredith Lee, Julia Klein Griffiths, and Anne Polivka
- 1997 Income Supplement--Summary and Recommendations from Cognitive Interviews, Unpublished paper, Bureau of the Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics, September.
- Bogen, Karen
- 1998 Once Upon a Time, There Was Welfare Reform: Evaluating the New March CPS Welfare-Related Questions: Results from the 1998 Respondent Debriefing. Unpublished paper, Bureau of the Census, June.
- Bollinger, Christopher R., and Martin H. David
- 2001 Estimation with response error and non-response: Food stamp participation in the SIPP. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 19(a):129-141.
- Bound, John, and Alan B. Krueger
- 1991 The extent of measurement error in longitudinal earnings data: Do two wrongs make a right? Journal of Labor Economics 9(1):1-24.
- Burgess, Paul L., Arthur E. Blakemore, and Stuart A. Low
- 1996 Using statistical profiles to improve unemployment insurance tax compliance. Research in Employment Policy 1:243-2711.
- Cancian, Maria, Robert Haveman, Thomas Kaplan, and Barbara Wolfe
- 1999 Post-Exit Earnings and Benefit Receipt Among Those Who Left AFDC in Wisconsin. Institute for Research on Poverty, Special Report No. 75. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin.
- Cilke, Jim
- 1998 A Profile of Non-Filers. OTA Paper #78, Office of Tax Analysis, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, DC.
- Coder, J., and L.S. Scoon-Rogers
- 1996 Evaluating the Quality Income Data Collection in the Annual Supplement to the March Current Population Survey and the Survey of Income and Program Participation. SIPP Working Paper 96-04.
- Coder, John
- 1992 Using administrative record information to evaluate the quality of the income data collected in the SIPP. Pp. 295-306 in Proceedings of Statistics Canada Symposium 92: Design and Analysis of Longitudinal Surveys, Ottawa: Statistics Canada.
- Goodreau, K., H. Oberheu, and D. Vaughan
- 1984 An assessment of the quality of survey reports of income from the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program. Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 2:179-186.
- Greenberg, David, and Harlan Halsey
- 1983 Systematic misreporting and the effects of income maintenance experiments on work effort: Evidence from the Seattle-Denver experiment. Journal of Labor Economics 1:380-407.
- Gritz, R.M, and T. MaCurdy
- 1991 Patterns of Welfare Utilization and Multiple Program Participation Among Young Women. Report to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under Grant 88-ASPE 198A.
- Halsey, Harlan
- 1978 Validating income data: Lessons from the Seattle and Denver income maintenance experiment, pp. 21-51 in Proceedings of the Survey of Income and Program Participation Workshop, U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Washington, DC.
- Hill, Carolyn, V.J. Hotz, Charles Mullin, and John Karl Scholz
- 1999 EITC Eligibility, Participation and Compliance Rates for AFDC Households: Evidence from the California Caseload. Report submitted to the California Department of Social Services, April.
- Houseman, Susan N.
- 1999 Flexible Staffing Arrangements: A Report on Temporary Help, On-Call, Direct-Hire Temporary, Leased, Contract Company, and Independent Contractors Employment in the United States, August. Available: http://www.dol.gov/asp/futurework/conference/staffing/intro.htm [September 7, 2001]
- Internal Revenue Service
- 1996 Federal Tax Compliance Research: Individual Income Tax Gap Estimates for 1985, 1988, and 1992. Publication 1415 (Rev. 4-96). Washington, DC.
- Kornfeld, Robert, and Howard S. Bloom
- 1999 Measuring program impacts on earnings and employment: Do unemployment insurance wage reports from employers agree with surveys of individuals? Journal of Labor Economics 17(January):168-197.
- Lamas, E., T. Palumbo, and J. Eargle
- 1996 The Effect of the SIPP Redesign on Employment and Earnings Data. SIPP Working Paper 9606.
- Lamas, E., J. Tin, and J. Eargle
- 1994 The Effect of Attrition on Income and Poverty Estimates from the Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). SIPP Working Paper 190.
- Marquis, K.H., and C.J. Moore
- 1990 Measurement errors in SIPP program reports. Pp. 721-745 in Proceedings of the Bureau of the Census 1990 Annual Research Conference.
- Meyer, Daniel R., and Maria Cancian
- 1998 Economic well-being following an exit from Aid to Families with Dependent Children. Journal of Marriage and the Family 60(2):479-492.
- Meyer, Bruce D.
- 1999 Do the Poor Move to Receive Higher Welfare Benefits? Unpublished paper, Northwestern University Economics Department, October.
- Moore, J., K. Marquis, and K. Bogen
- 1996 The SIPP Cognitive Research Evaluation Experiment: Basic Results and Documentation. Bureau of the Census, January.
- Moore, Jeffrey C., Linda L. Stinson, and Edward J. Welniak, Jr.
- 1997 Income Measurement Error in Surveys: A Review. Statistical Research Report. U.S. Census Bureau.
- Nelson, Charles T., Marc I. Roemer, Daniel H. Weinberg, and Edward J. Welniak, Jr.
- 1998 Fifty Years of United States Income Data from the Current Population Survey. Unpublished paper, Housing and Household Economics Statistics Division, Bureau of the Census. December.
- Polivka, Anne P.
- 1997 Using Earnings Data from the Current Population Survey After the Redesign. Unpublished paper. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
1998 Note on the Possible Effects of Welfare Reform on Labor Market Activities: What Can Be Gleaned from the March CPS. Unpublished paper, Bureau of Labor Statistics. December 1.
- Primus, Wendell, Lynette Rawlings, Kathy Larin, and Kathryn Porter
- 1998 After Welfare: A Study of Work and Benefit Use After Case Closing in New York State. Revised interim report submitted to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, December.
1999 The Initial Impacts of Welfare Reform on the Incomes of Single-Mother Families. Washington, DC: Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.Rockefeller Institute of Government.
- Rodgers, Willard L., Charles Brown, and Greg J. Duncan
- 1993 Errors in survey reports of earnings, hours worked, and hourly wages. Journal of American Statistical Association 88(December):1208-1218.
- Roemer, Marc
- 1999 Assessing the Quality of the March Current Population Survey and the Survey of Income and Program Participation Income Estimates, 1990-1996. Unpublished paper, Income Statistics Branch, Bureau of the Census, June 16.
2000 Reconciling March CPS Money Income with the National Income and Product Accounts: An Evaluation of CPS Quality. Unpublished paper, Income Statistics Branch, Bureau of the Census, August 10.
- Rolston, Howard
- 1999 The Income of Former Welfare Recipients. Unpublished paper, Administration on Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, September 21.
- Sailer, Peter, and Michael Weber
- 1999 The IRS population count: An Update. Pp. 85-89, In Turning Administrative Systems into Information Systems.
- Scholz, John Karl
- 1994 The earned income tax credit: Participation, compliance and anti-poverty effectiveness. National Tax Journal (March):59-81.
- Shroder, Mark, and Marge Martin
- 1996 New Results from Administrative Data: Housing the Poor, or, What They Don't Know Might Hurt Somebody. Unpublished paper, Office of Policy Development and Research, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Smith, Jeffrey
- 1997 Measuring Earnings Levels Among the Poor: Evidence from Two Samples of JTPA Eligibles. Unpublished paper, Department of Economics, University of Western Ontario, June.
- Stevens, David W., Liping Chen, and Jinping Shi
- 1994 The Use of UI Wage Records for JTPA Performance Management in Maryland. Unpublished paper, The Jacob France Center at the University of Baltimore, September 19.
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census
- 1998 SIPP Quality Profile, 1998. SIPP Working Paper Number 230, Third Edition.
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
- 1999 Differences Between AFDC and W-W Leavers Survey Data for January-March 1998 and Wisconsin's UI Wage Records for 1998. DWD MEP Folio Brief 01-99, October 19.
- Yen, W., and H. Nelson
- 1996 Testing the Validity of Public Assistance Surveys with Administrative Records: A Validation Study of Welfare Survey Data, unpublished manuscript, May 1996.
"01.pdf" (pdf, 472.92Kb)
"02.pdf" (pdf, 395.41Kb)
"03.pdf" (pdf, 379.04Kb)
"04.pdf" (pdf, 381.73Kb)
"05.pdf" (pdf, 393.7Kb)
"06.pdf" (pdf, 415.3Kb)
"07.pdf" (pdf, 375.49Kb)
"08.pdf" (pdf, 475.21Kb)
"09.pdf" (pdf, 425.17Kb)
"10.pdf" (pdf, 424.33Kb)
"11.pdf" (pdf, 392.39Kb)
"12.pdf" (pdf, 386.39Kb)
"13.pdf" (pdf, 449.86Kb)