- Anglin, D.A., B. Danila, T. Ryan, and K. Mantius
- 1996 Staying in Touch: A Fieldwork Manual of Tracking Procedures for Locating Substance Abusers for Follow-Up Studies. Washington, DC: National Evaluation Data and Technical Assistance Center.
- Bogen, K.
- 1996 The effect of questionnaire length on response rates: A review of the literature. In Proceedings of the Section on Survey Research Methods. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.
- Brick, J.M., M. Collins, and K. Chandler
- 1997 An Experiment in Random Digit Dial Screening. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics.
- Brick, J.M., I. Flores-Cervantes, and D. Cantor
- 1999 1997 NSAF Response Rates and Methods Evaluation, Report No. 8. NSAF Methodology Reports. Washington, DC: Urban Institute.
- Camburn, D.P., P.J. Lavrakas, M.P. Battaglia, J.T. Massey, and R.A. Wright
- 1995 Using Advance Respondent Letters in Random-Digit-Dialing-Telephone Surveys. Unpublished paper presented at the American Association for Public Opinion Research Conference; May 18-21, 1995; Fort Lauderdale, FL, May.
- Cantor, D.
- 1995 Prevalence of Drug Use in the DC Metropolitan Area Juvenile and Adult Offender Populations: 1991. Washington, DC: National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Cantor, D., P. Cunningham, and P. Giambo
- 1999 The use of pre-paid incentives and express delivery on a Random Digit Dial Survey. Unpublished paper presented at the International Conference on Survey Nonresponse. Portland, October.
- Cantor, D., and K. Wang
- 1998 Correlates of Measurement Error when Screening on Poverty Status for a Random Digit Dial Survey. Unpublished paper presented at the meeting of American Statistical Association, Dallas, August.
- Collins, M., W. Sykes, P. Wilson, and N. Blackshaw
- 1988 Non-response: The UK experience. Pp. 213-232 in Telephone Survey Methodology, R.M. Groves, P.P. Biermer, L.E. Lyberg, J.T., Massey, W.L. Nicholls, and J. Waksberg, eds. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Couper, M., R.M. Groves, and R.B. Cialdini
- 1992 Understanding the decision to participate in a survey. Public Opinion Quarterly 56:475-495.
- Dillman, D.
- 1978 Mail and Telephone Surveys: The Total Design Method. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Dillman, D., J.G. Gallegos, and J.H. Frey
- 1976 Reducing refusal rates for telephone interviews. Public Opinion Quarterly 40:66-78.
- Everett, S.E., and S.C. Everett
- 1989 Effects of Interviewer Affiliation and Sex Upon Telephone Survey Refusal Rates. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Midwest Association for Public Opinion Research, Chicago.
- Flores-Cervantes, I., J.M. Brick, T. Hankins, and K. Wang
- 1999 Evaluation of the Use of Data on Interruption in Telephone Service. Unpublished paper presented at the meeting of American Statistical Association in Baltimore, August 5-12.
- Frankel, M.R., K.P. Srinath, M.P. Battaglia, D.C. Hoaglin, R.A. Wright, and P.J. Smith
- 1999 Reducing nontelephone bias in RDD surveys. Pp. 934-939 in Proceedings of the Section on Survey Research Methods. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.
- Goyder, J.
- 1987 The Silent Minority, Nonrespondents on Sample Surveys. Cambridge, Eng.: Polity Press.
- Groves, R., D. Cantor, K. McGonagle, and J. Van Hoewyk
- 1997 Research Investigations in Gaining Participation from Sample Firms in the Current Employment Statistics Program. Unpublished paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Statistical Association, Anaheim, CA, August 10-14.
- Groves, R.M., and M.P. Couper
- 1998 Nonresponse in household interview surveys. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Groves, R., and N. Fultz
- 1985 Gender effects among telephone interviewers in a survey of economic attributes. Sociological Methods and Research 14:31-52.
- Groves, R.M., C. Cannell, and M. ONeil
- 1979 Telephone interview introductions and refusal rates: Experiments in increasing respondent cooperation. Pp. 252-255 in Proceedings of the Section on Survey Research Methods. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.
- Keeter, S.
- 1995 Estimating telephone noncoverage bias with a telephone survey. Public Opinion Quarterly 59:196-217.
- Massey, J., D. OConnor, K. Krotki, and K. Chandler
- 1998 An investigation of response rates in random digit dialing (RDD) telephone surveys. In Proceedings of the Section on Survey Research Methods. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.
- Moeller, J.F., and N.A. Mathiowetz
- 1994 Problems of screening for poverty status. Journal of Official Statistics 10:327-337.
- Oldendick, R.W., and M.W. Link
- 1994 The answering machine generation: Who are they and what problem do they pose for survey research? Public Opinion Quarterly 58:264-273.
- Sobal, J.
- 1982 Disclosing information in interview introductions: Methodological consequences of informed consent. Sociology and Social Research 66:349-361.
- Stapulonis, R.A., M. Kovac, and T.M. Fraker
- 1999 Surveying Current and Former TANF Recipients in Iowa. Unpublished paper presented at the 21st Annual Research Conference of the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management, Washington, DC: Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- 1995 Answering machines hold off voice mail challenge. STORES 77(11):38-39.
- Thornberry, O.T., and J.T. Massey
- 1988 Trends in United States telephone coverage across time and subgroups. Pp. 25-50 in Telephone Survey Methodology, R.M. Groves, P.P. Biemer, L.E. Lyberg, J.T., Massey, W.L. Nicholls, J. Waksberg, eds. New York: Wiley.
- Traugott, M., J. Lepkowski, and P. Weiss
- 1997 An Investigation of Methods for Matching RDD Respondents with Contact Information for Validation Studies. Unpublished paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Public Opinion Research, Norfolk, VA, May 15- 17.
- Tuckel, P.S., and B.M. Feinberg
- 1991 The answering machine poses many questions for telephone survey researchers. Public Opinion Quarterly 55:200-217.
- Tuckel, P., and H. ONeil
- 1996 New technology and nonresponse bias in RDD surveys. Pp. 889-894 in Proceedings of the Section on Survey Research Methods. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.
- Xu, M., B. Bates, and J.C. Schweitzer
- 1993 The impact of messages on survey participation in answering machine households. Public Opinion Quarterly 57:232-237.
"01.pdf" (pdf, 472.92Kb)
"02.pdf" (pdf, 395.41Kb)
"03.pdf" (pdf, 379.04Kb)
"04.pdf" (pdf, 381.73Kb)
"05.pdf" (pdf, 393.7Kb)
"06.pdf" (pdf, 415.3Kb)
"07.pdf" (pdf, 375.49Kb)
"08.pdf" (pdf, 475.21Kb)
"09.pdf" (pdf, 425.17Kb)
"10.pdf" (pdf, 424.33Kb)
"11.pdf" (pdf, 392.39Kb)
"12.pdf" (pdf, 386.39Kb)
"13.pdf" (pdf, 449.86Kb)