The telephone survey of FBCOs in the Gulf Coast region was designed to assess the scope and complexity of relief and recovery efforts undertaken by FBCOs after hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The studys five main research questions helped guide the formulation of specific survey questions:
- What are the characteristics of FBCOs that provided disaster-related human services after the storms?
- What services were provided, and to whom?
- What resources (monetary, material, and human) were used to deliver services?
- What networks facilitated the ability of FBCOs to deliver services?
- What lessons can be learned from these relief and recovery efforts?