Future research on MCC and MCC disparities may be facilitated by efforts to:
- Include MCC/Disparities considerations in HHS reports and data resources when feasible/appropriate.
- Develop a research agenda for the “long tail” of the MCC distribution.
- Develop scientific standards for the enrollment of persons with MCC into research studies.
- Continue to improve the quality and consistency of race, ethnicity and other socio-demographic variables in national datasets.
- Identify disparities-sensitive measures of the quality of care for persons with MCC.
- Exploit newly available databases such as electronic health record based registries, large employer databases, managed care patient registries, practice-based network data, and other data sharing and collection initiatives.