Responses should include detailed information about your experience in providing the services discussed in this RFI. Specific examples from your current and past client base are especially helpful. As this is not a Request for Proposals (RFP), partial responses will be accepted so if you have particular expertise in one area (e.g., premium administration) and not others, we encourage you to respond on that one topic.
In addition to the requested information within this document, please include the following information with your response:
- Name and address of your firm.
- Two points of contact, including: name, title, phone, fax and e-mail address.
- Ownership of the firm, indicating whether it is a: large, small, small disadvantaged, 8(a), women-owned, HUBZone, and/or veteran-owned business.
- Number of years in business.
- Please provide up to three current or past (within 5 years) performance references of similar programs or projects. Include the size and type of the contract, if your company was the prime contractor, and a description of services provided.
- What is your experience providing and implementing a national system of this size and scope and what risks are inherent in such implementations? If you do have experience implementing a similar system, please discuss if you have a commercial (including commercially available off-the- shelf with modifications) or non-developmental system that could meet the needs as described in this RFI.
- Specify what types of additional information you would need in order to provide a thorough response to an RFP.
- Please estimate how much time you would need to prepare a response to an RFP.
- Please estimate how much time you would need from the date of award to be ready to accept enrollments in the system.
Interested small businesses are encouraged to respond to this notice and vendors are encouraged to provide evidence that they can comply with FAR 52.219-14 (“Limitations on Subcontracting”).
This is not an RFP. Proposals are not requested at this time and will not be considered or accepted. Do not include any pricing information with your response. A determination on how, or if, to proceed with this requirement will be based in part upon responses to this RFI and will be solely within the discretion of the government and based on its needs and requirements. You do not have to respond to this RFI in order to respond to any future RFP.
The government may request to meet one-on-one with selected respondents who provide responses to this RFI for a more in-depth discussion. We anticipate scheduling one-on-one discussions with firms responding to this RFI within 30 days after the RFI’s due date.
Any information you submit in response to this RFI is voluntary. The information gathered from this RFI will be used to improve and enhance our understanding of the industry’s current capabilities and practices and will potentially help us craft an RFP. Please note that HHS often receives requests under the Freedom of Information Act to publicly disclose information it receives from industry. If you consider anything you provide us to be confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from public disclosure, you must clearly identify and mark it as such.
We recommend that firms planning to respond to this RFI register their e-mail addresses on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps or FBO) website at http://www.fbo.gov to receive notices of any changes as they are uploaded to the website, or information on a future Request for Proposals.
Submissions shall be no more than 40 pages (12 pt font) in length. The cover page, table of contents and past performance references are exempted from this requirement.
Please mark all submissions with the RFI reference number, HHS-AOA-RFI-11-001. Submissions are due July 8, 2011 by 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time. We request that 5 copies of your submission be mailed or delivered to:
Cristy Frazier, Contract Specialist
Division of Acquisition Management B
Strategic Acquisition Service, PSC, HHS
Parklawn Building, Room 5C-18
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, Maryland 20857
Please also send your submission electronically in Microsoft Word file format to Cristy Frazier at firstname.lastname@example.org; again, please reference the RFI number in the subject line. Please note that excessively large documents and/or numerous attachments may not be deliverable through the HHS email system.
Please submit in writing any questions related to this RFI to Cristy Frazier, Contract Specialist at email@example.com . Questions must be received by June 20, 2011 by 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Responses to all of the questions will be provided to all interested vendors via the FedBizOpps page by June 27, 2011.
Points of Contact for this RFI
Primary point of contact:
Cristy Frazier, Contract Specialist
Secondary point of contact:
Jennifer Browning, Contract Specialist
"index.pdf" (pdf, 350.5Kb)
"appA.pdf" (pdf, 150.08Kb)
"appB.pdf" (pdf, 548.14Kb)
"appC.pdf" (pdf, 150.56Kb)
"appD.pdf" (pdf, 318.45Kb)
"appE.pdf" (pdf, 319.19Kb)
"appF.pdf" (pdf, 155.03Kb)
"appG.pdf" (pdf, 181.05Kb)
"appGa.pdf" (pdf, 151.02Kb)
"appGb.pdf" (pdf, 123.12Kb)
"appH.pdf" (pdf, 256.35Kb)
"appI.pdf" (pdf, 358.34Kb)
"appJ.pdf" (pdf, 1.21Mb)
"appJa.pdf" (pdf, 396.06Kb)
"appJb.pdf" (pdf, 313.17Kb)
"appJc.pdf" (pdf, 252.71Kb)
"appJd.pdf" (pdf, 261.97Kb)
"appK.pdf" (pdf, 186.22Kb)
"appL.pdf" (pdf, 788.88Kb)
"appM.pdf" (pdf, 249.45Kb)
"appN.pdf" (pdf, 7.72Mb)
"appNa.pdf" (pdf, 208.04Kb)
"appNb.pdf" (pdf, 6.96Mb)
"appNc.pdf" (pdf, 622.02Kb)
"appNd.pdf" (pdf, 211.36Kb)
"appO.pdf" (pdf, 2.01Mb)
"appP.pdf" (pdf, 9.15Mb)
"appPa.pdf" (pdf, 233.71Kb)
"appPb.pdf" (pdf, 253Kb)
"appPc.pdf" (pdf, 546.97Kb)
"appPd.pdf" (pdf, 505.4Kb)
"appPe.pdf" (pdf, 462.21Kb)
"appQ.pdf" (pdf, 285.57Kb)