Public Housing Agencies and Permanent Supportive Housing for Chronically Homeless People. 2.3. Public Housing Agency Programs for Special Needs Populations


In recent years new federal funding for additional housing vouchers has often been limited to special needs programs that require partnerships with service-providers, including the HUD-VASH program for homeless veterans, HCVs for Non-Elderly Disabled (NED),6 and the Family Unification Program (FUP) for families involved in the child welfare system.7 PHAs are more likely to be able to qualify for these new resources if they have the capacity to partner with other systems and/or community-based organizations to link housing and services.

View full report


"ChrHomls4.pdf" (pdf, 1.21Mb)

Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®