The power of the media should be harnessed to educate the public by disseminating health information and to promote effective strategies to improve dietary and exercise habits.
- Promote/conduct public awareness campaigns of the health benefits of energy balance through regular physical activity, and a healthy diet to maintain a healthy weight.
- Partner with medical professionals, federal, state and local governments, and private sector and community entities to help the public understand the importance of preventive screenings.
- Develop and disseminate appropriate messages that encourage healthy habits and avoidance of risky behaviors in youth.
- Showcase successful initiatives and programs that promote health and prevent disease.
- Conduct or participate in consumer research to study the appropriateness and effectiveness of media messages promoting healthy lifestyles and avoidance of risky behaviors.
- Consider use of public access networks to broadcast local conferences or training videos on various health topics (e.g., exercise class for seniors).