Cooperative Health Care Associates
- CHCA’s Philosophy.
- CHCA’s Model for Recuritment, Training, and Retention.
- To create high-quality jobs for home care workers by offering enhanced training, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- To improve the quality of care delivered to the chronically ill, elderly and disabled by creating a stable workforce.
- CHCA’s model for recruitment, training, and retention encompasses five elements:
- Targeted recruitment.
- Enhanced entry-level training.
- Supportive services.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Wage and benefit enhancements.
- Assessment and Selection
- 35% of those who interview are enrolled in the training program.
- 80% complete the program and are hired by CHCA.
- Recruitment Partnerships
- CHCA has built strategic relationships with human service organizations.
- Adult Learner Centered Training.
- Communication and problem solving.
- Three Months of “On the Job” training.
- Employment Counseling.
- Peer Mentor Program.
- “Coaching As Supervision”
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- Worker Participation
- Worker Council.
- Regional Meetings.
- Leadership Development.
- Policy Action Group.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT
- Senior Aide.
- Peer Mentor.
- Associate Instructor.
- Administrative Staff.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
- Higher Base Wages.
- Wage Differentials.
- Guaranteed Hours Program.
- Health insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Annual dividends for worker owners.
- For individuals hired between July 2002 and June 2003:
- 84% were employed for at least 90 days.
- 64% achieved their 365 day employment milestone.
- Overall Paraprofessional turnover rate between July 2002 and June 2003 was 23.3%.
"04cfpack.pdf" (pdf, 1.09Mb)
"04cfpk02.pdf" (pdf, 819.67Kb)