The majority of States had requirements for notifying specific persons about the results of the investigation. (See table 4-N.) (Responses were not mutually exclusive.)
- Forty-one States (80.4%) specified that the perpetrator must be notified;
- Thirty-eight States (74.5%) specified that the family must be notified;
- Thirty-one States (60.8%) specified that the Central Registry must be informed;
- Seventeen States (33.3%) specified that law enforcement must be informed, as appropriate; and
- Sixteen States (31.4%) specified notifying mandated reporters of the outcome.