We would like to especially acknowledge the Expert Panel for their thoughtful review and valuable comments throughout this project. The Expert Panel guided the selection of both the indicators and paper topics. Members of the Expert Panel included:
- Patrick Fagan, William H. G. Fitzgerald Research Fellow in Family and Cultural Issues, The Heritage Foundation
- Ron Haskins, Senior Fellow: Economic Studies , The Brookings Institution
- Donald Hernandez, Professor, Department of Sociology, State University of New York, Albany
- Sandra Hofferth, Professor, Department of Family Studies, University of Maryland
- Velma McBride Murry, Professor, Associate Professor of Child and Family Development, Co-Director of the Center of Family Research in the Institute for Behavioral Research, University of Georgia
- David Murphey, Senior Policy Analyst, Vermont Agency of Human Services
- Steven Nock, Professor, Department of Sociology, Director of the Marriage Matters project, University of Virginia
- Shepherd Smith, President and Founder, Institute for Youth Development
- Gary Stangler, Executive Director, Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative
- James Youniss, Professor, Department of Psychology, Catholic University of America
- Nicholas Zill, Vice President, Westat, Inc.
Laura Lippman, Child Trends
Stephanie Cochran, Child Trends
Indicator analysts and writers included: Sharon Bzostek, Julie Dombrowski, Kerry Franzetta, Sarah Garrett, Lina Guzman, Susan Jekielek, Akemi Kinukawa, Erik Michelsen, Suzanne Ryan, and Sharon Vandivere, Child Trends. Lina Guzman provided technical review. Harriet Scarupa edited the chartbook. We would like to thank Brett Brown and Kristin Moore, Child Trends, and Christine Ross, Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. for their valuable review and comments.
We would also like to thank the following members of the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, Office of Human Services Policy: Don Winstead, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Service Policy, Barbara Broman, Deputy to the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Julia Isaacs, Director, Division of Data and Technical Analysis, Martha Moorehouse, Director, Division of Children and Youth Policy, Sonia Chessen, Senior Policy Analyst, Anne Fletcher, Project Officer, Social Science Analyst, Kelleen Kaye, Project Officer, Senior Program Analyst.