Selected a Marketplace Plan – To date, 364,682 persons have selected a Marketplace plan during the first two months of the initial open enrollment period, including 227,478 in SBMs and 137,204 in the FFM (these numbers include those who have paid a premium and those who have not yet paid a premium).
Web Site and Call Center Volume, and Completed Applications – Interest in the Marketplaces continues to be high, as measured by visitors on the SBM and FFM websites (39,091,218), and calls to the SBM and FFM call centers (5,248,043) through the end of November. Based on available data, 1,827,440 completed applications were submitted to Marketplaces during the first two months of the initial open enrollment period (10-1-13 to 11-30-13), including applications that were submitted to the SBMs and FFM. These completed applications correspond to 3,692,599 individuals (persons) who have applied for coverage through the Marketplaces during this time period. (Please see Appendix A for tables containing state-level data, and see Appendix B for methodological information on how these numbers were derived).
Eligibility Determinations and Assessments – To date, the Marketplaces have processed eligibility determinations and assessments for 84 percent (3,110,360) of the 3,692,599 persons who have applied for coverage. This number includes:
- 2,307,283 persons (74 percent of the total number of persons with processed eligibility determinations / assessments) who have been determined eligible to enroll in a Marketplace plan, (including 944,531 persons who have been determined eligible to enroll in a Marketplace plan with financial assistance).
- 364,682 (16 percent) of the 2,307,283 total number of persons eligible to enroll in a Marketplace plan have already selected a plan by clicking a button on the website page (or through other means, such as the call center or direct enrollment through an issuer’s website). This number includes all those who have selected a plan, including those who have paid their first month premium and those who have not yet done so.
- An additional 1,942,601 persons have been determined eligible to enroll in a Marketplace plan, but have not yet selected a plan through the Marketplace.
- 803,077 persons (26 percent of the total number of persons with processed eligibility determinations / assessments) who have been determined or assessed eligible for Medicaid or CHIP by the Marketplaces.3 4
An additional 583,473 persons who applied for coverage through the Marketplaces have eligibility determinations that are either pending, not captured in the Marketplace plan and Medicaid/CHIP eligibility counts for a given state, or negative (meaning that they have not been determined eligible to enroll in a Marketplace plan).
Cumulative Marketplace Enrollment-Related Information
For the Two Month period:
10-1-13 to 11-30-13 (1)
(based on data reported as of 12-10-13)
|Visitors to the Marketplace Websites||39,091,218||10,678,534||28,412,684|
|Calls to the Marketplace Call Centers||5,248,043||1,752,767||3,495,276|
|Completed applications through the Marketplaces||1,827,440||675,365||1,152,075|
|Total number of individuals included in completed Marketplace applications||3,692,599||1,467,355||2,225,244|
|Total number of individuals with processed eligibility determinations / assessments||3,110,360||1,315,978||1,794,382|
|Number of individuals determined eligible to enroll in a Marketplace plan||2,307,283||781,875||1,525,408|
Number of individuals who have selected a Marketplace plan
Number of eligible individuals who have not yet selected a Marketplace plan
|Number of individuals determined or assessed eligible for Medicaid / CHIP by the Marketplace||803,077||534,103||268,974|
(1) The reporting period for the first 2 months is from 10-1-13 to 11-30-13. Any differences in reporting periods among states are noted in footnotes accompanying the Table in Appendix A. See Appendix B for methodological information. Visitors to the Marketplace websites is the sum of monthly data and has been unduplicated to the extent possible; however, we do not believe that all duplication has yet been removed.