Marketplace Plan Selections by Financial Assistance Status in States Using the HealthCare.gov Platform, By State (1)
11-15-14 to 12-15-14
|Description||Total Number of Individuals Who Have Selected a 2015 Marketplace Plan (2)||Plan Selections With Available Data on Financial Assistance Status (3)||By Financial Assistance Status
(% of Available Data, Excluding Unknown)
|With Financial Assistance||Without Financial Assistance|
|States Using the HealthCare.gov Platform (4)|
|State-Based Marketplaces (SBMs) Using the HealthCare.gov Platform (5)|
|Subtotal - SBMs Using the HealthCare.gov Platform||130,993||130,993||82%||18%|
|Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) States|
|TOTAL – States Using the HealthCare.gov Platform||3,416,023||3,416,022||87%||13%|
“N/A” means that the data for the respective metric is not yet available for a given state. Percentages in this table have been rounded. Some numbers may not add to totals due to rounding.
(1) Unless otherwise noted, the data in this table represent cumulative data on the number of unique individuals who have been determined eligible to enroll in a Marketplace plan, and have selected a Marketplace medical plan (with or without the first premium payment having been received by the issuer). These data do not include: cancellations and terminations; a count of the number of individuals who have selected a standalone dental plan; or individuals who may have selected a 2014 Marketplace plan during the reporting period, as a result of having been granted a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). For additional technical notes, please refer to Appendix C of this report.
(2) For each metric, the data represent the total number of “Individuals Applying for 2015 Coverage in Completed Applications” who have selected a 2015 medical Marketplace plan for enrollment through the Marketplace (with or without the first premium payment having been received directly by the Marketplaces or the issuer) during the reference period, excluding plan selections with unknown data for a given metric. This is also known as pre-effectuated enrollment.
(3) In some cases, the data for certain characteristics of Marketplace plan selections are not yet available. For this reason, for each metric, we have calculated the comparable percentages based on the number of plan selections with known data for that metric.
(4) For the HealthCare.gov states, the data on 2015 Marketplace plan selections includes data for new consumers and consumers who are actively reenrolling in Marketplace coverage, but does not include data for consumers who are being automatically reenrolled into coverage.
(5) Nevada, New Mexico, and Oregon are using the HealthCare.gov platform for 2015.
Source: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, as of 12-23-2014.