- Westra, K. & Routley J. (January 2000). Arizona Cash Assistance Exit Study: First Quarter 1998 Final Report. Arizona Department of Economic Security.
- District of Columbia
- Acs, G. & Loprest, P. (January 2001). The Status of TANF Leavers in the District of Columbia: Final Report. The Urban Institute.
- Crew, R., Eyerman. J., Graham, J., & McMillan N. (October 2000). Tracking the Outcomes of Welfare Reform in Florida for Three Groups of People. Florida State University.
- Bross, N. (January 2001) Employment, Earnings, and Recidivism among Georgia's TANF Leavers: Findings from the TANF Follow-up System. Georgia Department of Human Resources.
Foster, E.M. & Rickman, D.K. (January 2001). Life After Welfare: Report of the Georgia Welfare Leavers Study. Georgia State University.
- Julnes, G., Halter, A., Anderson, S., Frost-Kumpf, L., Schuldt, R., Staskon, F., and Ferrara, B. (July 2000). Illinois Study of Former TANF Clients, Final Report. Institute for Public Affairs, University of Illinois at Springfield and School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign.
- Kauff, J., Fowler, L. Fraker, T., & Milliner-Waddell, J. (February 2001). Iowa Families That Left TANF: Why Did They Leave And How Are They Faring? Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance. (November 2000). After Time Limits: A Study of Households Leaving Welfare Between December 1998 and April 1999.
- Midwest Research Institute. (July 2001). Economic Outcomes of Former Missouri AFDC Recipients. 1996 Leaver Cohort.
Ryan, Sharon. (August 2001). Final Report on the 1996 Cohort of Welfare Leavers (Administrative Outcomes). University of Missouri.
- New York
- Rockefeller Institute, New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance, and the New York State Department of Labor. (December 1999). After Welfare: A Study of Work and Benefit Use After Case Closing. Revised Interim Report.
- South Carolina
- Richardson, P., Schoenfeld, G., LaFever, S., Jackson, F., & Tecco, M. (March 2001) Welfare Leavers and Diverters Research Study. One Year Follow-Up of Welfare Leavers- Final Report. MAXIMUS, Inc.
- Ahn J., Fogarty, D., Kraley, S., Lai, F., and Deppman, L. (February 2000). A Study of Washington State TANF Departures and Welfare Reform. Welfare Reform and Findings from Administrative Data. Final Report. Washington Department of Social and Health Services.
Du, J., with Fogarty, D., Hopps, D., and Hu, J. (February 2000). A Study of Washington State TANF Leavers and TANF Recipients. Findings from the April- June 1999 Telephone Survey. Final Report. Washington Department of Social and Health Services.
- W-2 Leavers in 1998: Final Report. Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development: Forthcoming.
- Bay Area Study
- Moses, A., Mancuso, D.C., & Lieberman, C.J. (December 2000). Examining Circumstances of Individuals and Families Who Leave TANF: Assessing the Validity of Administrative Data. SPHERE Institute.
- Cuyahoga County
- Verma, N., Coulton, C., Hendra, R. & Polousky, E. (April 2001). Monitoring Outcomes for Cuyahoga County's Welfare Leavers: How are they Faring? Prepared for Cuyahoga Work and Training.
- Los Angeles County
- Verma, N. & Goldman, B. (January 2000). "Los Angeles County Post-TANF Tracking Project: Quarterly Progress Report." Manpower Demonstration Research Corporation. Data are Preliminary
Many of these reports can be accessed at: http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/leavers99/reports.htm