The Evaluation Feasibility Study involved the following activities:
- Establishment of a Technical Working Group that provided ongoing input and review of interim study products, as well as guidance on study objectives and processes;
- Broad communication about the project to all Tribal leaders, through mailings, a DHHS website (http://aspe.hhs.gov/SelfGovernance/Evaluation/actions.htm), and organization of discussion groups at national conferences:
- Extensive background information collection and summaries of findings;
- Review of DHHS program data and reporting requirements; and
- Conduct of site visits to six Tribes to collect background information and review data availability that might support an evaluation, if one were to occur.