Program Administrators and Staff
- Introduction to Program
- Overview (population)
What services/supports are included in your program, and how do they interact?
Coordination of SEd with:
- mental health services
- SE services
- student disability offices
Specific services provided:
- Education program planning (setting goals, choosing program)
- Financial aid, benefits
- Campus resources and rights
- Acquiring accommodations
- In-course assistance
- Organizational skills
Which of these services are most critical?
Are there gaps in the services you provide?
- Demographic characteristics of participants (documentation?)
- Recruitment and engagement strategies
How is your program staffed and managed?
How is your program financed?
- What is the core funding? (Has this changed over time?)
- Funding partners and sources including VR, Medicaid and Medicaid waivers, state block grants, state mental health, federal or other grants
- Use of braided funding
- Funding sustainability
- Financing challenges
- Impact of local and federal financing and policies (e.g., Workforce Investment Innovation and Opportunities Act and VR for transition-age youth; 1915c waiver)
What are current evaluation efforts? (Report availability)
- Method of evaluation? (Data collected, data sources - primary, administrative?)
- What outcomes are most interested in?
- What numbers do you include in proposals and/or wish you had?
- Frequency, timeframe (long-term follow-up?)
- How is evaluation used?
- Do you assess program fidelity? Describe
What do you think is needed in future evaluation efforts to move the field of SEd services forward?
How does your service organizational context influence how you deliver services? (e.g., you are in a large MH agency in multiple counties; how does this impact your service of a targeted population)
- Impact of contextual policies
- Impact of population served
- Who are your community partners (are partners missing?)
Challenges and Successes
What do you think is most important in serving this population?
What are the key successes of your SEd program?
What are key challenges?
- Services offered
- How were you referred, or how did you get started here?
- What made you want to start services here?
- What were you hoping to get help with when you came here?
- What services were you provided?
- How long?
- Did these services meet your needs?
- Did you get help with other things?
- What made you want to stay involved in this program?
- What did this program help you with?
- How did it help you?
- What were the best parts/worst parts of service?
- Would you recommend this program to a friend?
- What do you think the program should do to be better?