This document could not have been produced without the support of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (HHS/ASPE). Special thanks go to Jennifer Tolbert for her direction and encouragement.
Thanks also go to the many state officials who participated in interviews and reviewed the draft:
- Kimberly Davis Allen and Jacqueline Gray of Alabama
- Maresa Corder of Florida
- Dennis Janssen, Diana Kading, and Dann Stevens of Iowa
- Deborah Blanchette, Katherine Levasseur, Brenda McCormick, and Gino Nalli of Maine
- Denise Levis, Jeffrey Simms and Torlen Wade of North Carolina
- Nancy Austin, Charlene Benson, Melinda Jones, and Rebecca Pasternik-Ikard of Oklahoma
- Jill Melton, Susan Milam, Dee Sportsman,and Cynthia Walker of the state of Texas, and Carla Barnes, Vicki Jones, Ann Prescott, and Sandy Tyler of Birch and Davis (the plan administrator for Texas' PCCM program)
- Scott Cannady of Virginia
Finally, the authors would like to thank the physicians who agreed to be interviewed for the report:
- Roger Hofford, M.D., of Virginia
- Burtt Richardson, M.D., of Maine
We appreciate that these individuals took time from their very busy schedules in order to help us better understand their primary care case management programs. We salute them for their hard work in developing and administering these innovative programs.