- OPEN FACESHEET TO FACILITY & DIRECTOR AND REVIEW DATA.
- PLACE CALL.
SPEAKING TO RECEPTIONIST:
- Hello, my name is FIRST AND LAST NAME. May I please speak to NAME OF DIRECTOR regarding a FedEx package that was delivered to him/her a few days ago?
- Is there a better time for me to reach NAME OF DIRECTOR?
- Would you be able to transfer me to his/her voicemail?
- Is there a direct number I could call? COLLECT NUMBER. Thank you for your help.
- May we call NAME OF DIRECTOR on his/her work cell phone, and if so, what is that number?
SPEAKING TO DIRECTOR:
- Hello, my name is FIRST AND LAST NAME. I’m working on the National Survey of Residential Care Facilities, a study sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Center for Health Statistics.
- Have you had a chance to review the material that was sent to you by FedEx a few days ago?
- Do you have any questions about the materials you received?
DIDN’T READ MATERIALS
- Shall I describe the survey to you now, or would you like me to call back after you (and your supervisor/national office/etc) have reviewed the materials?
RESENDING MATERIALS (SEE MAILOUTS TAB)
- There was a package sent by FedEx on DATE (that was received on DATE OF RECEIPT and signed for by RECIPIENT). I can resend this if you would like.
- Let me verify that I have the correct address. READ FACILITY ADDRESS, CORRECT AS NEEDED. Is that correct?
- We’ll send this within 2 business days. Thank you for your time. ARRANGE CALLBACK
- Would you like me to call back after you have reviewed the material or would you like me to describe the survey to you now?
- The National Survey of Residential Care Facilities is the first national study of assisted living and residential care facilities and their residents. The purpose is to collect information about the characteristics of assisted living and residential care facilities, the services they offer, general information on staffing, resident demographics, resident health, and payment options from a nationally representative sample. A director is interviewed, but residents are not interviewed. The findings will provide critical input to national issues on residential care, which is an important component of the long-term care continuum in this country.
CHAINS (SEE CHAINS TAB)
- We have a packet of information about the survey which we have sent to many of the national and regional chains. I would be happy to send this information to a person within your organization. GO TO CHAINS TAB. IF PACKAGE ALREADY MAILED: According to our records, we have sent information to a NAME at ORGANIZATION. Would you still like us to mail this information?
- To whom should we mail this information?
- Thank you. He/she will receive this packet within 3 business days.
- This is a message for DIRECTOR NAME. I am calling regarding some materials that we sent to him/her by FedEx a few days ago. My name is NAME OF RECRUITER and my phone number is TOLL FREE NUMBER. I will call back at a more convenient time. Thank you.
- LIMIT TO 2 MESSAGES LEFT ON GENERAL VOICEMAIL UNLESS YOU ARE PLAYING PHONE TAG.
VOICEMAIL--DIRECTOR’S DIRECT NUMBER
- I am calling regarding the materials we sent to you by FedEx a few days ago for the National Survey of Residential Care Facilities, a study sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Center for Health Statistics. My name is NAME OF RECRUITER and my phone number is TOLL FREE NUMBER. Please return my call, or I will call back at a more convenient time. Thank you.
- LIMIT TO 2 MESSAGES ON DIRECTOR’S LINE UNLESS YOU ARE PLAYING PHONE TAG.
SUBJECT: NATIONAL SURVEY OF RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES
Dear NAME OF DIRECTOR/ADMINISTRATOR, NAME OF FACILITY:
I am a RTI interviewer working on the National Survey of Residential Care Facilities, a federally-sponsored statistical project conducted for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This first ever national study of residential care providers will collect information about the characteristics of these communities and their residents. Your community was randomly selected to participate. It is important that we obtain data from all sampled communities in order to achieve accurate and complete statistics representative of all residential care communities in the U.S.
I have tried unsuccessfully to reach you by telephone. I would like to answer any questions you may have and set an appointment for your interview. Can you please call me toll free at RECRUITER TOLL FREE #? Or, you can reply to this email if that is more convenient for you. I can email the study brochure and literature to you for review.
Many organizations and leaders in the long-term care community have expressed their support and join me in requesting your participation in this meaningful study. The letter from provider associations can be found at http://www.cdc.gov/nsrcf/data/2010NSCRFLetterofSupport.pdf.
For more information about the National Survey of Residential Care Facilities please visit http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nsrcf.htm. For more information about other studies of long-term care, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhcs.htm.
/RECRUITER FIRST AND LAST NAME/
RECRUITER TOLL FREE NUMBER
COMPLETE THE SCREENER INSTRUMENT
CANNOT SET APPOINTMENT NOW
- Is there a good time to reach you/RESPONDENT regarding setting the appointment to conduct the interview? ARRANGE CALLBACK.
SET APPOINTMENT NOW
- TRY FOR 9:30 AM
- Would you be able to complete the interview on ___________________?
- What is a convenient time for you/RESPONDENT?
- Where should we come when we arrive?
- Who should we ask for when we arrive?
- Is there parking?
- The interviewer will show ID.
- I will send you/RESPONDENT an appointment package. It has the appointment date and time, name of your interviewer, and a short worksheet to complete prior to the interview. The worksheet has factual questions about the facility. Some answers require you to reference records. We send it in advance so you/RESPONDENT will have the opportunity to do this before the interview. This will reduce the interview time significantly.
- Should you have any questions or if you need to reschedule please call my supervisor FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, toll free, at NUMBER.
- Would you like her email address as well? PROVIDE EMAIL IF NEEDED.
- We will give a reminder call a few days before the interview. Is there a specific number or email you’d like us to use?
- ASK OUTREACH QUESTION IN SCREENER.
- Are there any questions I can answer for you?
- Thank you. Good bye.