During the course of constructing the data catalog, the project team identified a number of useful reports that are listed below. This section is not meant to serve as a comprehensive listing of reports relevant to the topic of this catalog, but rather to serve as a potentially useful resource for users of the catalog.
- American Indian and Alaska NativeChildren: Findings From the Base Year of the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study, Birth Cohort (ECLS-B). 2005. Flanagan, K., and Park, J. (NCES 2005-116). U.S. Department of Education. Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics
- American Indian and Alaska Native Roundtable on Long Term Care: Final Report 2002. Roundtable Report Prepared by: Jo Ann Kauffman, Kauffman and Associates, Incorporated, 425 West First Avenue, Spokane, WA.
- American Indians and Crime. Lawrence A. Greenfeld and Steven K. Smith, BJS Statisticians. February 1999, NCJ 173386 http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/aic.htm
- American Indian Reservations: Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Pilot Project. Specialty Products, Part 1. AC-02-SP-1. October 2004. U.S. Department of Agriculture. http://www.nass.usda.gov/census/amindian.pdf
- American Indians on Reservations: A Databook of Socioeconomic Change between the 1990 and 2000 Census. Jonathan B. Taylor and Joseph P. Kalt. January 2005. The Harvard Project on American Indian Economic Development. В http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/hpaied/pubs/pub_151.htm
- Background Report on the Use and Impact of Food Assistance Programs on Indian Reservations. K. Finegold, N. Pindus, L. Wherry, S. Nelson, T. Triplett, R. Capps. January 2005. The Urban Institute.
- Characteristics of Food Stamp Households: Fiscal Year 2004. Anni Poikolainen. September 2005. Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- Family Violence and American Indians/Alaska Natives: A Report to the Indian Health Service Office of Women's Health. Principal Investigator: Laura A. Williams. В http://www.ihs.gov/PublicInfo/PublicAffairs/PressReleases/Press_Release_2002/Compendium_Part_I_and_II.pdf
- HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, 2004. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vol. 16. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2005. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats/hasrlink.htm.
- Indian Health Service Population Estimates and Projections. http://www.ihs.gov/NonMedicalPrograms/IHS_Stats/Statistical_Databases.asp
- Ka huaka'i: 2005 Native Hawaiian Educational Assessment. S.K. Kana'iaupuni, N. Malone, and K. Ishibashi. Honolulu, HI: Kamehameha Schools, Pauahi Publications.
- Longitudinal Study of the Indian Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program. May 2003. Final Report was submitted to Rehabilitation Services Administration, U.S. Department of Education, in partial fulfillment of requirements under ED Contract No. HR92022001. http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/ped/lsvrsp/PublishedResearchFiles/RTI_1stFINAL_Report.pdf
- Office of Indian Education Programs Annual School Report CardВ http://www.oiep.bia.edu/Report%20Cards/Annual%20Report%20Card%2004-05.htm
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in the Experiences of Health Care Consumers. Karen Onstad. A research brief published in November 2005 by the National Consumer Assessment of Health Care Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Benchmarking Database, under AHRQ Contract Number 290-0I-0003.
- Regional Differences in Indian Health. Rockville, MD: Indian Health Service, 1998-99. http://www.ihs.gov/PublicInfo/Publications/trends98/region98.asp
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance, 2004. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, September 2005.
- State Tobacco Activities Tracking and Evaluation (STATE) System. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/statesystem.
- Status and Trends in the Education of American Indians and Alaska Natives. C. Freeman and M. Fox. (2005). U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, NCES 2005-108.
- Strong Heart Study Data Book: A Report to American Indian Communities. November 2001. National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lungs and Blood Institute, Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Applications. NIH Publication No. 01-3285. http:www.nhlbi.nih.gov/resources/docs/shs_db.htm
- Summary of Notifiable Diseases - United States, 2004. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Published June 16, 2006, for MMWR 2004: 53 (No. 53). http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/summary.html
- Tobacco Use Among U.S. Racial/Ethnic Minority Groups-African Americans, American Indians and Alaska Natives, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and Hispanics: A Report of the Surgeon General. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health. 1998. http://www.cdc.gov/TOBACCO/sgr/sgr_1998/index.htm
- Trends in Indian Health, 2000-2001. Rockville, MD: Indian Health Service, 2000. http://www.ihs.gov/NonMedicalPrograms/IHS_Stats/Trends00.asp
- This paper will be available online in the future.
- Reports from this effort are available at http://aspe.hhs.gov/datacncl/racerpt/ and http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/minority-db00/task2/index.htm.
- U.S. Census Bureau, "The American Indian and Alaska Native Population: 2000." Census 2000 Brief, February 2002, page 2.
- Panapassa, S.V. "The Health of U.S. Pacific Islander Populations: Emerging Directions." Presentation, May 2005.
- One data source was not originally considered for inclusion, but was added to the catalog after an agency sent in a full profile.
- Employees of federal agencies and departments may have access to some restricted use data sources that are not available to non-federal employees. These restricted-use data sources may have more identifying information than non-restricted use versions of the same data source. In some cases, they may allow identification of race of the respondent or participant where the public-use files do not (e.g., the National Immunization Survey).
"report.pdf" (pdf, 1.56Mb)
"apa.pdf" (pdf, 107.76Kb)
"apb.pdf" (pdf, 88.97Kb)
"apc.pdf" (pdf, 233.07Kb)