Prior to this study, information about the uses and users of HealthierUS and HP2010 was limited. Though information about both initiatives had been disseminated through various mechanisms including websites, published materials, and other efforts, there was little information available about how organizations use the initiatives concurrently with existing programs to improve health. This assessment investigated the reasons why organizations use or do not use these initiatives to generate information about improving the utility of each of the programs. This assessment provides the information necessary for HHS to make planning decisions, as well as highlights effective strategies that can assist the greater public health community in working towards the nation’s most important disease prevention and health promotion goals. The main research questions this study addressed are outlined below.
- What are the organizational characteristics of users and non-users?
- Are organizations aware of HealthierUS, and if so, how are the organizations using the initiative?
- What are the reasons that organizations are not using HealthierUS?
- Are organizations aware of HP2010, and if so, how are the organizations using the initiative?
- What are the reasons that organizations are not using HP2010?
"HUS-HP Users Assessment 9-29-05 (3).pdf" (pdf, 731.33Kb)