I’d like to wrap up this discussion by learning more about your program’s successes and challenges.
- In general, how is IHHP grant program going? What aspects of the program have been the most successful?
What challenges, if any, have you encountered in implementing your program?
- Have you implemented any strategies to address these challenges? If so, please describe.
- What elements of your program do you think are the most important in meeting the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS?
Are there innovative features that you feel distinguish the IHHP project from other housing programs targeting people living with HIV/AIDS?
- Integrated practices in client outreach, enrollment, services, and linkages to care.
- Enhanced staff qualifications and training; comprehensive, coordinated care teams.
- Integration of housing and health care data collection, reporting, and evaluation systems.
- Local coordination of service providers, streamlined access to housing and health care.
- Collaborative community needs assessment and planning, local awareness and support.
- Local and state policy advocacy supporting the integration of HIV housing and health care services.
- What are some lessons that your program has learned about integrating housing and health care services for people with HIV/AIDS?
- What programmatic changes would you make, if any, to help the program better serve your clients and to sustain the integration the grant has achieved?