We are interested in learning more about how your agency is involved in community planning activities and processes.
In what way(s) is the Health Planning Council involved, if at all, in the following in community/state planning activities?
- HUD Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plans
- HUD Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance Planning
- Public Housing Agency Plans – 5-Year Plans and Annual Plans
- RWHAP HIV Planning Council - Comprehensive Plans and Needs Assessments
- CDC HIV Prevention Community Planning Group – Comprehensive HIV Prevention Plans
- State Mental Health Planning Council – Comprehensive Mental Health Services Plans
- Online planning forums for program clients and other people living with HIV
- Other HIV housing related community planning activities
- How frequently do you communicate with other agencies, including both federal agencies and non-profit organizations, regarding community planning activities? With which agencies, in particular?
- Do you work with the River Region Human Services, in particular, on community planning?
- Do these efforts require cooperation or coordination with each other? Please explain.
- Have you and other agencies, such as the River Region Human Services, developed shared goals and/or protocols as part of these planning efforts. Please explain.
- To facilitate this collaboration, have you made system-wide changes in the ways in which you are involved in community planning activities?
- Do you share resources with other organizations, such as the River Region Human Services, to facilitate community planning activities? Please describe.
Have you participated in or conducted a community-level needs assessment or census related to stable housing and health outcomes for people living with HIV/AIDS?
- When, and how often, have such community-level needs assessment efforts occurred?
- Who conducted the needs assessment? What other agencies were involved?
- What methods were used to assess community-level HIV housing and health care needs?
- What issues did the most recent community-level needs assessment explore?
- What barriers to stable housing and health outcomes for people living with HIV/AIDS have been identified at the community-level?
- What strategies, if any, have been implemented to address these barriers at the community-level?
One of the IHHP grant requirements is to develop an integrated housing plan at the community-level.
- Have you heard of this grant requirement? Do you know whether the Sanford Housing Authority will be involved in that activity?
- What has been done to develop and implement this community plan? What has been accomplished so far?
- How does this new integrated housing plan differ, if at all, from other community planning efforts?
- Please describe any additional policy work the Health Planning Council does to support HIV housing system development and integration.