We are interested in understanding better your process for data collection.
- Who handles the program’s data management duties?
Please describe how the program collects and tracks client-level demographic, service use, and program outcome data, including HIV/AIDS status.
- What data elements are collected, how frequently, using what data forms?
- Do the data elements include health outcomes? If so, what health outcomes are reported?
- In what data systems are the data stored and accessed?
- In your application, you mentioned that you use the HMIS and CAREWare to maximize service coordination and minimize duplication of services and data entries. Do you currently utilize HMIS and CAREWare? Has it been modified or customized your program?
- What other data information systems do you use, if any, and how are they coordinated with HMIS and CAREWare?
- How would you describe the quality of the data, particularly, the data on clients’ service use or outcomes?
- Is the HIV/AIDS status data based on self-report, staff report, or a combination?
Now, I would like to talk about the ways that the program makes use of client-level data.
How does the program use client-level demographic, service use, and/or outcome data in service planning, program monitoring, evaluation, or quality improvement? Please explain and provide examples.
- Client Characteristics. Age, gender, race/ethnicity, other demographics, chronic homelessness, prior living situations.
- Client Service Needs. Basic income needs, housing, employment, food, mental health, substance use, access to insurance and to a primary care provider.
- Housing Service Utilization and Outcomes. Avoidance of homelessness, use of transitional housing, housing stability and permanency.
- HIV Medical Care Utilization and Outcomes. Health insurance status, designated primary care provider, ongoing engagement in care, ART medication adherence, suppression of viral load.
- Can your program’s information system(s) be used to generate planning reports? If so, please describe the reports.
- Has the program’s data system been used to tabulate outcomes by demographic characteristics and/or HIV/AIDS status? If so, how often have reports been generated and used?
In general, are there efforts to share aggregate and client-level data with partner agencies? If so, who are these partner agencies, what information is shared, how often, and for what reasons?
- Are housing indicators and/or outcomes data shared with these partners? Please describe.
- Are HIV clinical care indictors and/or outcomes data shared with these partners? Please describe.
- [If reports are generated] Are reports shared with external partners/agencies/providers? If so, which reports are shared and how frequently?
- How regularly do program staff members have contact with these other agencies about data issues and/or findings?
- Do these efforts require ongoing cooperation with partner agencies? For what purpose [PROBES: to prevent duplication efforts and ensure data quality among agencies]?
- In your efforts to share data, have you developed shared goals and/or protocols with outside partners?
- To facilitate data partnerships with outside agencies, have you made changes in the way the program collects, uses, and shares data?