Let’s discuss the program’s intake, enrollment, and care planning processes.
- Please describe the intake and enrollment process.
- How do staff members determine whether an individual is eligible to enroll in the program?
- Please describe the client assessment and care planning process. Which staff lead the care planning process? For example, can a social worker or nurse or case manager work with the client to create a care plan?
What issues or topics are included in the client assessment and care plan development?
- Housing stability barriers
- Other basic needs, including food insecurity
- Employment, income, or self-sufficiency barriers
- Health insurance issues
- Behavioral health issues
- Mental health status
- HIV transmission risks
- Barriers to accessing and staying in HIV clinical care
- Anti-retroviral therapy medication adherence issues
- Other? Please specify.
What formal assessment and care planning tools (if any) are used? Please describe.
[INTERVIEWER SHOULD ASK FOR A COPY OF THE TOOL(S), IF APPLICABLE]
- What program requirements or rules are clients expected to follow? Please explain.
From your observation, what are the clients’ greatest service needs?
- Do the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS differ from other clients you serve? Please explain.
- How does the program address those needs?