Project Director: Diane Paulsell
Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
This report is available on the Internet at:
- Conference Summary
- Appendix A: Conference Materials
- Appendix B: Rationales for Public Sector Training and Other Investments in Labor Markets and Their Applicability to Public Investments in Child Care by Robinson G. Hollister, Swarthmore College
- Appendix C: Public Investment in Education: Lessons for Child Care Policy by Steven G. Rivkin, Amherst College and University of Texas, Dallas
- Rationale for Government Role in Education
- The Determinants of Elementary and Secondary School Quality
- Policy Implications
- Appendix D: What Can We Learn about Child Care Policy from Public Investments in Children's Health? by Janet Currie, University of California at Los Angeles
- What Are the Goals of Public Investments in Children?
- What is the Economic Case for Governmental Investment in Children?
- Did Public Health Insurance Extensions Improve Children's Utilization of Health Care?
- Does Public Investment in Health Care Improve Child Health?
- The Importance of Non-Medical Threats to Health
To obtain a printed copy of this report, send or fax the title, your name and address to:Human Services Policy, Room 404E
Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
200 Independence Ave, SW
Washington, DC 20201
Fax: (202) 690-6562
Last updated: 01/18/02