* Counts are from issuer filings in HIOS as of September 4, 2014. The number of issuers may not include issuers offering only multi-state plans.
** Exiting issuers represent issuers that offered a QHP through the Marketplace in a given State in 2014, but have not filed for participation in 2015.
*** New entrants represent 2015 issuers that did not offer QHPs through the Marketplace in a given State in 2014.
Source: Preliminary rate filings from the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight.
(1) Includes data for 36 states collectively known as the Federally-facilitated Marketplace. These 36 states include 27 states that have Marketplaces fully run by the federal government, 7 that have State Partnership Marketplaces, and 2 that have federally supported State-based Marketplaces in 2014.
(2) For the purposes of this analysis, an issuer represents a unique issuer identification number in the CMS Health Insurance Oversight System (HIOS). Because an entity’s HIOS code is specific to each state, for purposes of this analysis, no issuer is counted as being active in more than one state.
(3) Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, and West Virginia are State Partnership Marketplaces for 2014.
(4) Idaho and New Mexico are federally supported SBMs for 2014 and utilize the FFM eligibility and enrollment platform.
Number of QHP Issuers in 2014 Federally-facilitated Marketplace States (1)
|State||Number of Issuers (2) (preliminary)* 2014||Number of Issuers (2) (preliminary)* 2015||Number of Issuers (2) (preliminary)* Net Change from 2014 to 2015||Issuers Exiting in 2015 (preliminary)**||New Entrants in 2015 (preliminary)***|
|New Hampshire (3)||1||5||4||0||4|
|New Mexico (4)||4||5||1||0||1|
|West Virginia (4)||1||2||1||0||1|
|FFM Total (36 states)||191||248||57||10||67|