This paper is available on the Internet at:
- States are major providers of pre-kindergarten programs.
- Some states have successfully offered pre-kindergarten programs.
- Many state-funded pre-kindergarten programs meet key indicators of quality.
- Some states have used research to design, evaluate, and improve state-funded pre-kindergarten.
- Some states are making advances in building early childhood systems.
To obtain a printed copy of this paper, send the title and your mailing information to:Human Services Policy, Room 404E
Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Av, SW
Washington, DC 20201
Fax: (202) 690-6562
To print your own copy, print the "printer friendly" version in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.