Office of Health Policy
Children's Health Insurance Issues
- SCHIP Evaluation Website
- State Estimates of Uninsured Children by Allen L. Schirm and John L. Czajka of Mathematica Policy Research, May 17, 2000. The tables are available upon request.
- Effects of Trigger Events in Children's Health Insurance Coverageby John L. Czajka and Cara Olsen of Mathematica Policy Research, April 18, 2000.
- Simulation of Medciaid and SCHIP Eligibility by Carol Irvin and John Czajka of Mathematica Policy Research, August, 16, 2000.
- Using National Survey Data to Analyze Children’s Health Insurance Coverage: An Assessment of Issues by John L. Czajka and Kimball Lewis of Mathematica Policy Research, May 21, 1999.
- The Child Health Insurance Program: Early Implementation in Six States by Lynne M. Fender, Melissa Panagides-Busch, and Rhoda Schulzinger of The American Institutes for Research, July, 1999.
- Analysis of Children's Health Insurance Patterns: Findings from the SIPP by John L. Czajka of Mathematica Policy Research, May 1999.
- Understanding Estimates of Uninsured Children: Putting the Differences in Context. ASPE Research Note, January 1999, updated June, 2000.
- Chartbook on Children's Health Insurance Status. Tabulations of the March 1998 Current Population Survey, December 1998.
- Data Base on Innovative State Strategies to Insure Children. The Lewin Group, April 24, 1998.
- Issues in Developing Programs for Uninsured Children: A Resource for Books for States. The Lewin Group, March 2, 1998.
- Children's Health Insurance Expansions: State Experiences in Developing Benefit Packages and Cost-Sharing Arrangements. The Lewin Group, February 1998.
- Examining Substitution: State Strategies to Limit Crowd Out in the Era of Children's Health Insurance Expansions. The Lewin Group, December, 1997.
- Children's Health Insurance Patterns: A Review of the Literature. Mathematica Policy Research Inc., December 1997.
- Chartbook on Children's Insurance Status: Tabulations of the March 1997 Current Population Survey.
- Chartbook on Children's Insurance Status: Tabulations of the March 1996 Current Population Survey.
Links to Related HHS Web Sites
- The Health Care Financing Administration(now known as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS))'s site on the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
- The Health Resources and Services Administration's Focus on Child Health site.
- The Agency for Health Care Policy and Research's Children's Health 1996, a chartbook summarizing the results of the 1996 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey.
Last Revised: March 31, 2004