PTAC encourages stakeholders to provide their ideas on possible innovative approaches and solutions related to care delivery, payment or other policy issues by submitting physician-focused payment model proposals.
PTAC accepts letters of intent and proposal submissions on a rolling basis. A non-binding letter of intent (LOI) is required at least 30 days prior to the submission of a full proposal. The date of LOI submission will not affect the Committee’s assessment of a given proposal.
How to Submit a Letter of Intent
Common Alternative Payment Model (APM) Approaches: Reference Guide
- PTAC published the Common APM Approaches Reference Guide, which summarizes some major types of payment methodologies that are typically used in APMs, as a resource to assist for stakeholders to use when designing payment models.
How to Submit a Proposal
- Proposal Submission Instructions Summary Slides
- Proposal Submission Instructions
- Characteristics of PFPMs Likely to Be Recommended by PTAC
- Value Considerations for Model Development and Testing Fact Sheet (January 2019) on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website
Information on Initial Feedback